Enjoying good self-esteem well established and adjusted to our abilities has many benefits.
Self- esteem is directly related to the confidence we have in ourselves, which is why it is essential to achieve our goals efficiently.
As we have already defined many times, self-esteem is the value we have of ourselves and that is based on the perception we have of our abilities and our personality. A person with high self-esteem does not have to be a conceited or vain person, on many occasions they are the most discreet and reserved.
BENEFITS OF HAVING A GOOD SELF-ESTEEM
Here are some of the most important advantages and benefits of having a good self-esteem:
- Self-confidence : people with good self-esteem have greater self-confidence, which translates into more positive results in most situations and when facing projects.
- Ability to forgive : a person with good self-esteem is capable of forgiving “from the heart”, without resentment. This not only applies to forgiving other people, but also to yourself.
- Greater development of skills : the better the concept we have of ourselves, the better the development of personal, social or work skills.
- Greater ability to face and overcome problems : as a general rule, a person with good self-esteem faces problems in a more assertive way, they do not have the need to avoid them since they have the necessary confidence in themselves to know that they can face and solve them .
- Better mental health : people who have good self-esteem are healthier on a mental level since they have a more positive attitude, greater emotional assertiveness and lower levels of stress and anxiety .
- Greater social skills : people with good self-esteem do not have difficulties when it comes to relating to their peers, which makes their interpersonal relationships more fluid and rewarding.
- Security when making decisions : when we have confidence in ourselves and a good self-esteem, it is easier for us to make decisions, and not only that, but also a greater tolerance for frustration in case of making mistakes or not meeting the objectives we wanted to achieve.
From what we have just seen, it is clear that having a good self-esteem is important to lead a fuller life, so if you have self-esteem problems it is best to contact a specialist.
If you are looking for a Psychologist to improve your self-esteem, do not hesitate to contact us.
Alexa Clark specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. She has experience in listening and welcoming in Individual Therapy and Couples Therapy. It meets demands such as generalized anxiety, professional, love and family conflicts, stress, depression, sexual dysfunction, grief, and adolescents from 15 years of age. Over the years, She felt the need to conduct the psychotherapy sessions with subtlety since She understands that the psychologist acts as a facilitator of self-understanding and self-acceptance, valuing each person's respect, uniqueness, and acceptance.