From Centro Integra, located , we carry out the treatment of anxiety to overcome and control its symptoms through clinical psychology.
WHAT IS ANXIETY?
Anxiety is a natural adaptive mechanism that allows us to be alert to dangerous situations. In fact, a certain degree of anxiety provides an adequate component of caution. In a moderate way it can help us stay focused and face the challenges that lie ahead.
At times, however, the anxiety response system becomes overwhelmed and malfunctioning, with anxiety presenting itself out of proportion to the situation and sometimes even presenting itself in the absence of any objective danger. It is said that when anxiety occurs at inappropriate times or in a way so intense and lasting that it interferes with the normal activities of the person, then it is considered as a disorder. At this point, it is best to find a Psychologist specializing in the treatment of anxiety to learn how to control it.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON CAUSES OF ANXIETY?
- Genetic causes: anxiety can be inherited.
- Circumstantial causes: the experience of traumatic events can cause anxiety; In these cases, the feeling of anxiety can disappear when the problem is over or remain for months or years.
- Significant life experiences: without being traumatic, certain changes in life such as pregnancy, a job dismissal, a change of residence,… can cause anxiety.
TYPES OF ANXIETY:
Anxiety disorder is one of the most common pathologies. However, with appropriate treatment, people who suffer from it can learn to overcome and control the symptoms and improve their quality of life.
There are different types of anxiety disorders, among the most common we find:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Posttraumatic stress
- Social phobia
- specific phobia
SYMPTOMS OF ANXIETY
- Mental symptoms: constant worry, irritability, and trouble concentrating and falling asleep.
- Physical symptoms: high heart rate, excessive sweating, tiredness, muscle tension, tremors, dizziness, fainting, indigestion, diarrhea, and breathing difficulties.
TREATMENT TO CONTROL ANXIETY IN VALENCIA
- Relaxation techniques: progressive muscle relaxation, diaphragmatic breathing, systematic desensitization and stress inoculation.
- Cognitive techniques: emotional rational therapy and self-instructions.
- Hierarchical exposure to feared situations or stimuli with prevention of response and elimination of verification behaviors.
Anxiety problems generally do not go away on their own, but tend to intensify and worsen over time, so early detection and treatment can help prevent bigger problems in the future. So it is best to seek a psychologist who specializes in the treatment of anxiety.
In this link you will find information about the treatment to control and overcome anxiety in children .If you are looking for a Psychologist for the treatment of anxiety, do not hesitate to contact us.
Choosing the best psychologist for the treatment of anxiety is not something trivial since it is very important that it adapts to what you are looking for and your specific needs, do you want to know the keys to choosing the best psychologist ?
Alexa Clark specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. She has experience in listening and welcoming in Individual Therapy and Couples Therapy. It meets demands such as generalized anxiety, professional, love and family conflicts, stress, depression, sexual dysfunction, grief, and adolescents from 15 years of age. Over the years, She felt the need to conduct the psychotherapy sessions with subtlety since She understands that the psychologist acts as a facilitator of self-understanding and self-acceptance, valuing each person's respect, uniqueness, and acceptance.