The human being is constantly performing actions that allow him to acquire new information. This knowledge is used to find solutions to various everyday situations. This is how intelligence has developed since its inception, this model is built from a process that depends on certain tools and communication skills.
All information is usually received from sets of theoretical formats, which are organized in a specific way. For its correct interpretation, the own capacity of organization and decoding depends . This is how people establish a closer relationship with their environment and acquire knowledge .
What is human knowledge like?
According to the theories that explain how the human learning process works, it is made up of memorization and repetition . This is how the brain acquires information and ensures that each new knowledge that is added is consolidated.
But not only does it depend on memorization , experimentation involving other aspects is also integrated . In addition, factors such as motivation , surprise and the search for novelties that generate satisfaction are taken into consideration . Any of these elements is essential to favor the continuous process of acquisition and learning of knowledge.
In addition to the emotional part , curiosity itself influences to increase the possibilities of having a broader knowledge. People will always be influenced by positive feelings and actions, thus promoting continuity in this process.
What is the knowledge acquisition process?
The knowledge acquisition process is described as a set of actions through which it is possible to learn and develop intelligence . This is a procedure that can be performed in various ways and is made up of steps that are essential because a sequence is created.
Various theories are told and each one tries to explain how it develops. In this sense, it can be said that several ways have been identified that allow the acquisition of knowledge. Perhaps some will be more effective than others, depending on the means and the needs.
One of the theories explains that it has a genetic origin , each person is prone to the acquisition of knowledge from childhood . It has been proven that during this stage each individual maintains a more active and close relationship with the objects and people in their environment. In this way, in an involuntary way, a constant learning process is maintained .
There are several accepted ways to explain the procedure for acquiring information, in most cases a construction is proposed; but also a deconstruction. It also depends on the ability to assimilate and store prior knowledge. The union of these factors allows to form new knowledge.
What are the steps?
The process for the acquisition of knowledge has been carried out since the beginning of civilization, this is due to the fact that learning and living different experiences ; guarantee the survival of the human being. For this, a series of different factors intervene, some external and others internal. Therefore, a process is obtained that is complex and that can also modify behavior in certain aspects.
The following describes a series of steps that are linked to each other . These allow to give continuity to this process, establishing an order and also limits. They are as follows:
- The motivation describes a fundamental action, which is the point of origin and triggers the learning process. It is a desire to learn new knowledge effectively and quickly. These stimuli allow people to constantly experiment with the search to achieve certain objectives. Regardless of the difficulties, having a motivation means focusing on the search to satisfy a need .
- Interest is the intention of a user to meet a goal. It is also related and conditioned by certain individual needs.
- The attention to describing a set of cognitive processes . There are several, among which the perception and also the thought stand out. It is normal that these mental processes are generated and also mean a benefit for the development of skills such as concentration.
- The acquisition is a very important phase for this process. The individual will contact and have full access to all the contents where the information to be learned is displayed.
- The understanding and internalization, is a phase in which the understanding of concepts involved with abstraction and thought. For this to be possible, it is also important to use memory. As a result, the person will have a complete understanding of the content, later it will be possible to analyze and create new information.
- The assimilation consists of the storage of information and experience, this can be done in the medium or long term. This is because it depends on how this knowledge is learned to satisfy specific needs. When this content does not cover the needs for which it is required, or cannot be put into practice; it will be a deleted information.
The influence of the individual’s behavior is taken into consideration . This means that it is a fundamental knowledge for the inner self of each person. In this way, the set of knowledge that has been assimilated is enriched and increased.
- The application describes a series of actions such as changes in behavior. This happens because knowledge, when put into practice in situations never before experienced, can generate a positive and spontaneous effect . Thus each individual manages to satisfy their needs according to the circumstances.
- The transfer is a process by which learning provides knowledge that is assimilated, it can then be taught to others. When you have a good domain, you can continue to expand that information.
Transfer can be associated with learning , this is significant because of the link these processes create. Depending on the material that was previously assimilated, this same content will continue to influence the new information that is acquired in different ways.
- The assessment is the final stage of the process of knowledge acquisition. It can be seen that during this phase all the results that have been generated are interpreted . It can be modified and also maintain the same process, the activities are evaluated according to the quantity and quality of the content.
What is its importance?
In addition, it is proportional because having a greater amount of knowledge, therefore, there will be a greater capacity to reason and interpret content. People are pragmatic and flexible, insofar as knowledge provides them with facilities applicable to any need to be satisfied.
This is a process that is very useful for people’s daily lives. Its practice helps to develop better . It is appreciated that people begin to show greater ease in resolving conflicts and solving various situations.
It can be identified that the knowledge acquisition process has several essential functions . It should not be forgotten that learning is determined by certain limits, among which it is mentioned that it is essential to have prior knowledge. This way you can have a reference and also strengthen the new knowledge.
Alexa Clark specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. She has experience in listening and welcoming in Individual Therapy and Couples Therapy. It meets demands such as generalized anxiety, professional, love and family conflicts, stress, depression, sexual dysfunction, grief, and adolescents from 15 years of age. Over the years, She felt the need to conduct the psychotherapy sessions with subtlety since She understands that the psychologist acts as a facilitator of self-understanding and self-acceptance, valuing each person's respect, uniqueness, and acceptance.