From Centro Integra, located , we carry out the diagnosis and treatment of language and / or speech delay through our team of Speech Therapists.
WHAT IS LANGUAGE DELAY?
Simple language delay is understood to be those difficulties that some children present, both when expressing themselves verbally and in understanding language without an apparent pathological cause (deafness, motor or cognitive deficit, emotional disorders or autism spectrum disorders ) compared to children of the same age.
WHAT ARE YOUR SYMPTOMS?
Most young children are able to express themselves in short sentences or sets of words by around 2 years of age. However, some take longer than others to start speaking, which is not synonymous with a speech disorder. The symptoms that should alert us that there may be a delay in language or speech would be:
- Difficulty understanding what other people say to them
- Problems following the instructions given to them
- Difficulty organizing your thoughts
- Difficulty pronouncing certain sounds
- Simple and short sentences
- Difficulty in ordering the words within a sentence
- Omission of phonemes or part of the word
- Little or absent communicative intention
- Difficulty finding the correct words when speaking
- Use muletillas as «a»
- Have a vocabulary that is below the level of other children of the same age
- Leaving words out of sentences when speaking
- Conjugating verbs improperly
TREATMENT OF LANGUAGE DELAY
The speech therapist will focus the treatment to overcome language delay through improvement techniques such as:
- Orofacial mobility
- Exercise of the different phonemes for their correct articulation
- New vocabulary development
- Work slowly towards increasingly complex syntactic constructions
Language delay can also affect the child not only in terms of speech, it can sometimes affect self-esteem , relationships with their peers , … so it is advisable to combine speech therapy with psychological treatment to achieve better results.
If you are looking for a speech therapist for the treatment of language and / or speech delay , do not hesitate to contact us.
Other treatments that the speech therapist can help you with are:
- Dyslalia , problem in the articulation of phonemes
- Dysphonia , commonly known as hoarseness
- Atypical swallowing
- Dysphasia , difficulty speaking and / or understanding spoken speech
- Dysarthria , difficulty controlling or coordinating the muscles that intervene in speech, or due to a weakness of the same
- A fasia is a disorder caused by lesions in the parts of the brain that control language. It can affect writing, reading, and expressing what you want to say.
- Hearing disorders
Alexa Clark specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. She has experience in listening and welcoming in Individual Therapy and Couples Therapy. It meets demands such as generalized anxiety, professional, love and family conflicts, stress, depression, sexual dysfunction, grief, and adolescents from 15 years of age. Over the years, She felt the need to conduct the psychotherapy sessions with subtlety since She understands that the psychologist acts as a facilitator of self-understanding and self-acceptance, valuing each person's respect, uniqueness, and acceptance.