From Centro Integra, located , our Speech Therapist is in charge of the diagnosis and treatment of dysphonia and aphonia in children, adolescents and adults.
WHAT IS DYSPHONIA AND APHONIA?
The dysphonia is the voice alteration, commonly known as hoarseness , which may occur on an ad hoc or permanent and does not allow to develop effective comfortably and vocal activities. The maximum expression of dysphonia is what we know as aphonia (loss of voice).
WHAT ARE YOUR CAUSES?
Among the most common causes of hoarseness or hoarseness we find:
- Laryngitis, probably one of the most common reasons
- Heartburn can also cause aphonia
- A misuse or abuse of the voice
- Stress and anxiety can affect the vocal cords, favoring the appearance of aphonia and other voice alterations as a consequence of the lowering of defenses
WHEN TO GO TO THE LOGOPEDA IN CASES OF DYSPHONIA OR RONQUERA AND AFONIA?
Hoarseness or hoarseness, even hoarseness, can occur for a few days and then disappear. We will have to go to the Speech Therapist if after about 15 days these symptoms do not disappear , especially if you have just had a cold or flu. since there may be some alteration in the vocal cords.
In the case of children, it is a frequent problem and they often refer to it by saying that “their voices scratch or itch.”
TREATMENT OF DYSPHONIA AND APHONIA
The objective of treatment in cases of hoarseness or hoarseness and aphonia is to recover a voice that is as functional as possible to promote communication.
- Vocal therapy, normally aimed at people who misuse their voice and in which they work both indirectly and directly with the patient
- Indirect therapy, focused on informing the patient about vocal hygiene guidelines, auditory training and elimination of the misuse or abuse of the voice
- Direct therapy, will be based on teaching postural relaxation, laryngeal relaxation, breathing techniques, as well as better control of the tone and volume of the voice
If you are looking for a speech therapist for the treatment of dysphonia and aphonia , do not hesitate to contact us.
- Language and / or speech delay
- Dyslalia , problem in the articulation of phonemes
- Atypical swallowing
- Dysphasia , difficulty speaking and / or understanding spoken speech
- Dysarthria , difficulty controlling or coordinating the muscles that intervene in speech, or due to a weakness of the same
- A fasia is a disorder caused by lesions in the parts of the brain that control language. It can affect writing, reading, and expressing what you want to say.
- Hearing disorders
Alexa Clark specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. She has experience in listening and welcoming in Individual Therapy and Couples Therapy. It meets demands such as generalized anxiety, professional, love and family conflicts, stress, depression, sexual dysfunction, grief, and adolescents from 15 years of age. Over the years, She felt the need to conduct the psychotherapy sessions with subtlety since She understands that the psychologist acts as a facilitator of self-understanding and self-acceptance, valuing each person's respect, uniqueness, and acceptance.